mardi, avril 01, 2008

Dix Jours, Deux Marriages


Right, I'm now just about recovered from yet another disappointing round of no upgrades to business class, even though this time I thought I was a shoe-in, with my new Qantas Frequent Flyer card with DOCTOR printed in big old capitals across the top. Didn't help. Nor did my shameless sucking up to the various check-in people. Probably a bribe would have worked better. I did get exit row seating on the last leg though. Or what should have been the last leg, if the striking Sydney baggage handlers didn't cause me to miss my connecting flight in Singapore, which meant that my direct flight to Paris turned into a direct flight to Frankfurt. Anyway, as I said, I'm now recovered so no more complaining about that!







Instead I'll complain about the busy schedule you all held me to over there which probably was even more responsible for the back-to-work difficulties. It's a tough call, fitting in the beach every day between power-lunches and manicures, dinners all over the town and (goat) baby barbecues. Oh, and the occasional wedding.

First was Emily and Andrew's mountain wedding at Evan's Lookout just outside of Blackheath, including a whole weekend in super-cosy mountain eco-lodges in the middle of the bush, and hence a whole weekend's worth of celebrating! Hurrah! The wedding itself was just perfect, a gorgeous setting over-looking the valleys with the rain and clouds of the night before long gone and the bridesmaids managing the bush-walking paths in stilettos! Emily looked amazing and did a good job at holding back her tears and Andrew looked suitably nervous, especially when his groomsmen had to abandon him to prevent the bridesmaids from breaking their ankles in said stilettos! A few beers were enjoyed before the ute whisked the new Mr and Mrs Goldy to the reception in true Aussie style!













Then came a busy week of playing the tourist a bit, lunching and dining all over town, meeting babies, meeting previously un-met boyfriends and girlfriends... Actually make that wife!

Because the trip was also the first time I met Rosilene, the wife(!!!) of my brother! The rest of the family has met her lots of times, but she only ever came to Australia after I had left. Luckily I now approve whole-heartedly, since this was of course the wedding that spurred the trip! The wedding was down in La Perouse, on the beach of Congwong Bay, and was beautiful. Both Johan and Rosie looked gorgeous and so happy, the weather was perfectly behaved for an outdoor wedding, and there is now another Waern in the family!


















Comments:
What a handsome brother we have! And he has such good taste too...
 
Enregistrer un commentaire



<< Home