lundi, mars 03, 2008

Assez fatiguée?


I've always been a firm believer of the idea that the best way to step onto an across-the-world-flight is in a state of utter exhaustion. So with twenty odd hours of flying looming in a couple of days time, what better way to prepare than by running in my first ever (and quite possibly last) half-marathon!

21.1 km across the streets of Paris, through a bit of rain, far far behind a gang of Kenyans, and waiting for us at the other end, a big pile of bananas and a medal. And then an enormous lunch and a long shower. And then the inaugral bath in our midget-sized bath-tub. And now, legs a bit tired and achy but surprisingly okay.

I placed 14152nd out of about 20 000 runners, which might not sound so impressive, but in the women's category, I placed 1083rd out of 2338, putting me in the top half with a record time (for me that is, obviously) of 2 hours, 5 minutes, and 40 seconds! Hurrah!




Gabin, a friend from work, and I looking brave beforehand!


The Kenyans at the starting line.


The mad dash for the nearest tree about a hundred meters after the start. I think these runners misunderstood which "go" the starter meant.


The winner, about an hour ahead of me!


At least we still got medals!

Comments:
Congrats, very well done. You freak.
 
Well done! I don't think I could even do half of a half-marathon in that time!
 
I'm with you Noodle! Well Done Jen, by the time you read this though, you'll be safe and sound back in good ole Sydney town! woohoo!
 
Enregistrer un commentaire



<< Home