jeudi, novembre 10, 2005

Un plan de google


Some fun with googlemaps, to show you where I live...

Most of Paris, with important landmarks marked. It is a bit small, but the largest I could upload. Chez moi is about a 10 minute walk from the Champs-Elysées and the horrendously ugly (I will have to take a photo of it to show you, because this place has certainly not made it onto any postcards) university is on the banks of the Seine, a short stroll from the Ile de Cité with the Notre Dame and less hunchbacks than some would have you believe.


A bit of a close up of my quartier, showing my building (google maps is so cool!) and the Seine and the Invalides lawns.


I've been a bit slack posting this week, and today am actually nursing a mild hangover, including a not-so-mild headache, so am not about to be rectifying that situation by in-depth analyses of anything at all. So you will have to wait until next week for a more comprehensive insight into french adventures (I say next week because we have yet another long weekend starting tomorrow! Yay France!).


Comments:
Long weekend shmong weekend. We will be having one of those deceptively quick ones that slips by unnoticed.

What a great location. You're not just living in Paris, you're living IN PARIS! It must be great to be just a hop, skip and a little metro ride away from some of the worlds most famous and beautiful landmarks and city scapes. Quelle ambiance!
 
Long weekend!! I'm comin' to Paris, make room in that 'oh so fabulous yet oh so small' apartment of yours! You're getting a new housemate....ME!!

I wish. Maybe I'll just join the 4-day-week political party and lobby those punks in Canberra for a more France-like perspective to the working week.
 
Enregistrer un commentaire



<< Home