mardi, novembre 15, 2005

Les Bons Marchés



Forget anything I have previously said about favourite stores, now I have a real one, in which I will probably never be able to afford a hanky, but that actaully made me feel sick with desire. The beautiful, beautiful clothes made me wish I was a model, not to be beautiful, but just to get the chance to wear those beautiful things. The store is Le Bon Marché, a department store quite near my house, and very upmarket. At least at Galeries Lafayette, they sell the designer gear, but also affordable stuff, like Grace Bros (sorry, Myer) or DJ's, but at Le Bon Marché (which ironically means the "good buy" or the "bargain") I didn't see I single tag I didn't recognise, and I'm not talking about K-Mart here. Christian Lacroix, Chanel, Pucci, Cacharel, Demeulemeester, Dries Van Noten, Chloé, Alaia, the list goes on. Absolutely amazing. I know you can buy designer stuff in lots of places, but here, you (meaning me!) can walk around and touch the clothes and pick them up, and the store is beautiful and calm, and it was just a dream! The feel of the fabrics, the colours, the textures, the shapes, just amazing. I really need to start saving my money so that I can own one of those pieces.

Anyway, back to reality...


The real Bon Marché that I got was a couple of tickets to snowy Sweden! It will hopefully be snowy by departure time at least! Thanks to the genius of Ryan Air, two return tickets from Paris to Stockholm, a mere €160! That is about what a train to the other side of France would cost per person!! So, very happy about that. On the way there, the tickets were only €2.79! But that was without the €20 or so in taxes that they tack on, but still!

So lots of bon marché action! Yay!


Comments:
yay, it's official - jenny and alex are doing svensk jul a la camilla. i'm green with food & snaps-envy - very exciting.
 
Hmm. All makes my bon marche- dental Xrays- look a little dull really!
 
Well if ever I saw fabulousness it was in this post!! Fashion, travel and bargains all in one!!

Continuez avec Fabulousness, je dis !

Not sure how correct that French is...feel free to correct me, but you get the idea (I hope)
 
Well, you don't really need to address me as "vous" Margs, we've been friends for a long time! (The -ez on continuez is used with vous for those of you interested in french grammar.) But other than that, very good.

Life would be more fabulous if I was wearing those things, not just drooling on them though.
 
one day Jen, when you win that Nobel prize I'm sure some giant fashion house will be drooling to dress YOU!
 
Yes, the Nobel prizes are a major showcase for fashion and the beautiful people. I hear they're doing a red carpet special with Bert on Channel 10 this year. (Who the hell does those red carpet shows, I bet it is one of the women from Bert!)
 
Enregistrer un commentaire



<< Home