lundi, novembre 28, 2005

La première neige á Paris


This weekend certainly got off to a chilly start, when I woke up to find it snowing outside on Saturday morning!

So of course I wrapped up like a michelin man and braved the elements to capture the first Paris snow of the winter:


I think this particular café had high hopes this morning...


Rooftops from my window, showing about the extent of the snow - I know, I know, not that impressive, but that white is actually snow! By afternoon it was melted again!


Comments:
As cold and wet and inconvenient as snow actually is, it sure does look beautiful...
 
It's so funny how they line the cafe chairs/tables along the street like that, instead of having people facing each other. It's like they enjoy watching world go by.
 
How wonderful! You can have our short sleevs and I'll take the Michelin garb anyday....are you going to ski/sled/skate?
 
Well, the 2 cm lasted for about 6 hours, so I didn't get any skiing/ sledding/ skating in this time, but next snowfall, I'll be ready to strap some sort of snow sliding implement onto my feet!

But seriously, there is an outdoor skating ring that they set up sometime soon quite close to my house, so that will definitely be on the cards!

Bruised arse, here I come!
 
I'm jealous, it's too hot in Australia
 
I think that you have moved into some kind of magical storybook village.
 
That looks excellent. I can't wait to be there and see it in person.
 
It really really does.
 
Enregistrer un commentaire



<< Home